Been a busy couple of weeks since I last posted.
I’ve been doing more research into MMORPG development and am currently looking into Erlang for the development of the game server. Given that the Erlang environment already contains a key-value store called “Mnesia“, I’ve been searching for a similarly-designed persistent store for the client side. So far, my findings have uncovered a solution called “Redis“. Redis has a C client named “Hiredis” that I can plug into the C++ code that I’ve written for my game. Both solutions (for client and server) are cross-platform to boot!
I’m still in the content-creation phase as well… So, I’m definitely wearing a lot of hats at the moment. 🙂
On the music-composition front, I can whole-heartedly recommend that GNU/Linux users of Linux MultiMedia Studio (LMMS) just download and compile the source from the Master branch of the project’s GitHub page. In trying to work with version 1.1.3, I found that the application kept crashing whenever I tried to compose any music utilizing Soundfont files. An instance of LMMS built using the Master branch’s code has been running much smoother.
I’m also trudging my way through some Blender tutorials at the moment. Once I’ve finished this animation one, I should be able to demonstrate the effectiveness of my game framework’s renderer, and start testing it alongside my recently-finished 3D Audio solution. 🙂
As always, I’ll keep you posted on any interesting news, good tutorials, or random things I think you should know. 😀